Home / fashion trends

fashion trends

Target deals and bargains

IT’S no secret activewear is big business. Companies like Lorna Jane, Lululemon and PE Nation have made a motza selling stretchy pants and crop tops to gym bunnies all over the country. As any activewear aficionado will tell you, cloaking your toned limbs in these brands can become an expensive …

Read More »

Emmy Awards 2015 red carpet

TONIGHT at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles under sweltering skies, the glitterati glided down the ruby rug for the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The trends from early on were simple, sleeved and sequined — a total fashion black out with dark and dramatic styles leading the way. There …

Read More »

Jumpsuit fashion 2015

THE jumpsuit is having a moment — and we are absolutely loving it. The Grammys red carpet is full of jumpsuits (also called rompers or playsuits) this year — Taylor Swift, Gwen Stefani and E! presenter Guilana Rancic are all rocking the look. Taylor Swift arrives at The Grammy Awards …

Read More »

Clear plastic jeans

OK, each to their fashion own. But totally clear, plastic jeans? I mean, are fashion design teams so desperate for a ‘new’ idea they’ve taken to using one of the most uncomfy, ridiculous and ridiculed ‘fabrics’ as the basis of a pair of jeans? At a time when plastic consumption …

Read More »

Face-Kini

WITH less than 120 days until summer, we thought we’d bring this bizarre swimwear craze to your attention. Behold, the Face-Kini, also known as a bikini for your face or as many others describe it, “China’s most terrifying swimwear trend”. I don’t know why people are calling it ‘China’s most …

Read More »

Ta Ta Towel

THERE are some fashion trends that inexplicably come from nowhere but then immediately capture the style world’s attention. Mum jeans. Teva sandals. Anything Celine Dion wears. But now there is a new contender, a garment so strangely alluring, you can expect to see it everywhere and soon, according to whimn.com.au. …

Read More »

2017 Fashion trends

WHAT’S not to love about the fashion world? A fabulous planet where silk pyjamas by day are chic, dark hair roots are edgy and sneakers in the office de rigueur. It’s a place you can wear balloon sleeves, glove shoes and bum bags, and justifiably spend atrocious amounts of money …

Read More »

Women’s fashion 2017

THERE are a lot of articles going around with this title: “## things 40 something women should never wear.” And 20 per cent of those articles are all right-on, “Hey ladies, don’t wear the weight of other people’s expectations,” while the other 80 per cent are actually a list of …

Read More »